Today I’ll be sharing my favourite work apps to use on my phone, and talking a little more about why I like using Microsoft’s suite of mobile productivity apps.
To kick off 2018, Mike and Rob go through the apps they use the most, comparing and contrasting how they’ve changed over the years.
- Cortex – State of the Apps 2018
- Rob’s Favourite Things 2014 (sorry for the years-old CSS/trip down memory lane)
- Social Media/News/Entertainment (Twitter | Reddit/Reddit is Fun | Facebook | LinkedIn)
- Video (YouTube |Netflix |Facebook | Google Home w/ Chromecast)
- Podcasts (Pocket Casts | Overcast)
- Music (Spotify | Apple Music)
- Mobile Video Production (Filmic Pro | Wireless Transfer)
- Storage/Backup (Google Drive/Photos | Microsoft OneDrive | iCloud Drive/Backup)
- Productivity (Creative Cloud | Office 365 | Google Drive Suite)
- To-Do/Reminders ( OneNote | Google Calendar/Keep/Inbox | Outlook | S Note)
- Email (Google Inbox | Outlook)
- Games (Pokemon Go | Breath of the Wild)
- Misc. Mike (IFTTT | LastPass | Google Maps | Twilight | RealCalc | Samsung Health | Stocard)
- Misc. Rob (Gboard | BackBlaze | DigitalOcean | Apple Wallet | Transit | WordPress)
- Facebook Messenger (So Good!)
You can check out the episode on YouTube too, if that’s your thing.
Desktop is a part of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB.
This episode sponsored by: