To kick off 2018, Mike and Rob go through the apps they use the most, comparing and contrasting how they’ve changed over the years.
- Cortex – State of the Apps 2018
- Rob’s Favourite Things 2014 (sorry for the years-old CSS/trip down memory lane)
- Social Media/News/Entertainment (Twitter | Reddit/Reddit is Fun | Facebook | LinkedIn)
- Video (YouTube |Netflix |Facebook | Google Home w/ Chromecast)
- Podcasts (Pocket Casts | Overcast)
- Music (Spotify | Apple Music)
- Mobile Video Production (Filmic Pro | Wireless Transfer)
- Storage/Backup (Google Drive/Photos | Microsoft OneDrive | iCloud Drive/Backup)
- Productivity (Creative Cloud | Office 365 | Google Drive Suite)
- To-Do/Reminders ( OneNote | Google Calendar/Keep/Inbox | Outlook | S Note)
- Email (Google Inbox | Outlook)
- Games (Pokemon Go | Breath of the Wild)
- Misc. Mike (IFTTT | LastPass | Google Maps | Twilight | RealCalc | Samsung Health | Stocard)
- Misc. Rob (Gboard | BackBlaze | DigitalOcean | Apple Wallet | Transit | WordPress)
- Facebook Messenger (So Good!)
You can check out the episode on YouTube too, if that’s your thing.
Desktop is a part of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB.
This episode sponsored by: